Full Job Description
Labadie Company Summary:
With over 70 years of business in the Great Lakes Bay Region, our family owned and operated dealerships are about more than making the sale. Operating two dealerships providing Cadillac, Buick, GMC, and Toyota to the community, we are about building relationships and providing the best customer service possible. By this, we show our commitment to the highest level of honesty and integrity for all. We value the community are proud supporters of multiple outreach programs, including the Bay Area women’s center, Salvation Army, and the American Cancer Society.
Job Summary: The Express Lube Technician’s responsibilities include preparing detailed vehicle service reports, replacing vehicle wiper blades and car batteries, and changing motor oil as well as transmission and brake fluid as needed. You should also be able to keep vehicle interiors clean while performing maintenance and servicing tasks.
To be successful as an Express Lube Technician, you should have strong mechanical skills and adhere to all safety procedures and practices. Ultimately, an outstanding Express Lube Technician should be able to communicate effectively with customers and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
Pay: $12.00-$14.00 an hour based on experience; Bonus potential.
Schedule: Full-time with overtime possibilities; rotating weekly set schedule; Labadie Service hours of operation Monday 7:30am-8pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 7:30am-5:30pm, Thursday 7:30am-8pm, Friday 7:30am-5:30pm, Saturday 8am-3pm.
Benefits: We offer competitive Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance, Dental and Vision; Life insurance company paid on behalf of the employee; 401k with company match; Paid vacation time; Employee discount.
Essential Job Functions:
- Thoroughly inspect every vehicle using the GM inspection form.
- Test to check systems and components are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Drive the vehicle for testing purposes and inspect and refill fluid levels as necessary.
- Ensure tire pressure for proper inflation, clean and lubricate fittings as needed.
- Install a new oil drain plug and new oil filter and communicate oil levels to teammates.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
- Grease necessary components of every vehicle.
- Use power tools, machine tools, and common hand tools to perform various tasks.
- Remove Trash and breakdown cardboard from entire shop as needed.
- Maintain a clean work area in stalls and tire machines.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- One year in an automotive service department (preferred).
- ASE Certification/Technical degree (preferred).
- High School Diploma or GED (required).
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Pass a motor vehicle report and drug screen.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform job duties.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Labadie Auto Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location