Labadie Company Summary:
With more than 70 years of business in the great state of Michigan, our family owned and operated dealerships are about more than making a sale. We’re about forging relationships that will last a lifetime. In addition to providing our customers with top-notch sales and service, we’re also dedicated to helping others. We’re proud supporters of local businesses and organizations including the Bay Area Women’s Center, Salvation Army and the American Cancer Society through events such as Power of the Purse, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, Relay for Life, Toys for Tots, and The Giving Tree.
Job Summary: Sells pre-owned/new/leased vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards. The Pre-Owned Sales Professional is the public face of the company and responsible for handling customer questions about the product, services provided by the company and pre-owned/new/leased vehicle sales. In this position you are expected to continuously update your knowledge of car inventory, services, and policies.
Pay: Commission Based Sales Position
Schedule: Full-time; rotating weekly set schedule; Dealership hours of operation Monday through Thursday 8:30am-8pm, Friday 8:30am-6pm, Saturday 10am-3pm.
Benefits: We offer competitive Blue Cross Blue Shield medical insurance, Dental and Vision; Life insurance company paid on behalf of the employee; 401k with company match; Paid vacation time; Employee discount.
Essential Job Functions:
- Approaches, greets, and helps any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Building a relationship with potential/existing customers to improve the possibility of a sale in the future by understanding their needs and interests and matching them to the most appropriate car.
- Conducts business in an ethical and professional manner.
- Understanding the characteristics, capabilities, and features of all vehicles, and providing the potential customer with detailed information, including comparing different competitive models.
- Keeps up to date on new products and services within the industry.
- Offers test drives to all customers. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
- Collaborating with team members to reach sales targets.
- Assisting with the setup of showroom and promotional displays.
- Attends product and sales training courses/meetings as requested by sales manager.
- Maintains a prospect/owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
- Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
- Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork assisting customers with completing the relevant paperwork required for a successful sale to be processed in accordance with dealership policies.
- Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title etc.).
- Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
- Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
- Schedules first service appointment.
- Follows up on all post-delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes” and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred).
- At least one year of past sales experience required.
- One year of automotive dealership experience preferred but not required.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Pass a motor vehicle report and drug screen.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Labadie Auto Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location